LinkedIn is a social networking website geared towards companies and industry professionals looking to make new business contacts or keep in touch with previous co-workers, affiliates, and clients.
With LinkedIn, Members can create customizable profiles that detail employment history, business accomplishments, and other professional accolades.
LinkedIn offers memberGroups
A major feature of LinkedIn is its groups. One of the great features is anyone can to start a group based on an association, industry topic and business. For example, there are tens of thousands of academic and corporate groups that enable alumni and employees to stay in touch.
LinkedIn members request an invitation to the group and can receive postings by other members via e-mail.
Linkedin describes the following:
When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional expertise and accomplishments. You can then form enduring connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you. Your network consists of your connections, your connections’ connections, and the people they know, linking you to a vast number of qualified professionals and experts. Through your network you can:
- Manage the information that’s publicly available about you as professional
- Find and be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts who come recommended
- Create and collaborate on projects, gather data, share files and solve problems
- Be found for business opportunities and find potential partners
- Gain new insights from discussions with likeminded professionals in private group settings
- Discover inside connections that can help you land jobs and close deals
- Post and distribute job listings to find the best talent for your company
LinkedIn can result in many new business contacts and connections.
Plus it's a great source of information to locate people to who could be future clients, suppliers, smployees, joint venture partners or connected connections that will spread a positive word about you and your offerings.
Plan on adding Linkedin to your social media marketing and Internet Marketing Plans.
Click now for a great money saving Linkedin iMail Tip
Budget: $250 - $750 monthly