Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Search Engine Marketing is form of internet marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs).
SEM methods include: search engine optimization (SEO), paid placement, contextual advertising, digital asset optimization, and paid inclusion.
Search engine marketing is also ensuring that your products, services and ideas show up when people turn to Google, Yahoo, and other search engines for solutions, services, or products that you provide.
This can include both unpaid "organic" and paid "PPC" search results.
When this term is used to describe an individual, it stands for "Search Engine Marketer" or one who performs SEM.
There are literally hundreds of factors that search engines consider when determining which sites are among the top in the results, but here are the most important factors.
- Keyword research: Keyword research is king! Do your homework. Look for terms used by your stakeholders and then check to see how frequently they’re searched.
- Perform analysis: there are hundreds of factors, but the top five to look at include:
- Programming techniques approved by search engines (keyword tags, etc.)
- Title tags with keywords
- Frequency of keywords in visible content
- Search engine valued inbound links. Links from authoritative sites are important.
- Refreshed content.
How to Improve Search Engine Rank
Assess what keywords are relevant to your business—what are people looking for and how do they phrase that as a search term?
Use WordTracker, SpyFu or KeyWord Discovery to see how often people are searching using those phrase combinations.
Prioritize the terms and optimize one page on your site per term.
Get other websites to link to that page of your site with that keyword/phrase as the clickable text (not your homepage URL but actual text) in the form of an anchor link.
Monitor your performance.
Keep honing and requesting links from other sites.
And enjoy all your new found Internet traffic. Recommendation Link #1:
Find the keywords you need to succeed onlineClick Here For More Info About This Helpful Product, Service or Idea