Building your business or personal credibility will be the difference between success and failure. People buy from other credible people.
Credibility many not seem like a marketing tactic, but it is.
Without credibility you’ll lose sales because you won't be perveived as trustworthy.
Credibility-enhancing actions include:
- Highlighting your own experience and qualifications.
- Showing you care about the other person and have their best interests at heart.
- Showing you are similar to them by using their language, body language, dress, etc.
- Being assertive. Quickly and logically refuting counter-arguments.
- Leveraging the credibility of others, e.g.
- Highlighting the credibility of your sources of information.
- Getting introduced by a credible person.
Selling your product/service on the Internet is all about credibility.
Your prospective clients and customers are wary of paying you because on the Internet it’s very difficult to know who is genuine and who is not.
Simply saying “I’m trustworthy” rarely cuts it today.
You must provide solid, specific proof and here are a few way to do just that.
- Prominently display your contact information.
- Display verifiable testimonials
- Write authoritative articles and distribute them to credible sources for publication
- Provide a money-back guarantee and simplfy your return policy
- Use trusted payment gateway providers that offer strong security.
Where is building credibility built into your marketing plans? Here I hope.
Budget: Being honest every day is priceless